LIFE WITH A NEWBORN
i am not -- nor shall I ever become -- a photographer who places babies in baskets or pretty knitted "wombs," who poses them in impossible positions, or adorns them with ornamental headbands. i just have to put that out there upfront, because if that's what you're looking for you, you will need to continue your search. :)
i believe that babies are best photographed in the arms of their mamas and papas, and the other people who love them. that is, after all, where they belong, and where they spend most of their time in those early days. I'm interested in your connection with your baby. i want to make pictures of your baby in the context of love you've worked so hard to create for him or her. In the nursery, on the family bed, in your arms, surrounded by his/her own special blankets or animals, dressed in his/her own clothes. because that's the kind of thing you'll get nostalgic about one day. trust me.
so, I've come up with my own way of doing newborn sessions, and it involves me coming right to your house and doing an in-home session, that's not entirely unlike family photojournalism, except that it's focused very intentionally on your new baby-love.
here's what's included:
- 1 hour of documentary-style shooting centered on baby!
- on location in your home and/or other favorite frequented place(s)
- 30+ beautifully edited images in an online gallery you can share with friends and family
- 2 hi-res digital files of your choice for use in birth announcements
- 40-page, 5.5x5.5-inch storybook album of select images
- large prints, canvases, wood block prints, magnets, etc. -- starting at $8 each
- additional hour of shooting -- $100
- upgrade album size to 8.5x8.5-inch -- $75
- full set of album-quality proofs in keepsake box -- $1/image
- digital download of ALL images with complete copyright permissions -- $150
- mileage for sessions further than 20miles from my home -- $1/mile one way
note: these sessions are 10% off if booked in addition to birth photography!