It's such a gift to be able to offer a woman a photographic documentation of the experience that will transform her and grow her heart more than almost anything else in her lifetime.
I believe that women are designed perfectly to grow and birth babies. I believe that birth has immense capacity to transform a woman and the man who loves her. I love to be around women during pregnancy and in labor and especially in that joyful and sacred moment when she lays her eyes on her baby and brings him/her to her chest for the very first time.
When I go to photograph a birth, I carry not only my gear and over 15 years of photography experience, but also my own history as a mama of 4, my knowledge as a student midwife, and a habit of praying under my breath. I aim to bring all my best gifts as a human and artist and to offer them to serve you during your labor and birth, while creating a visual record of the place, the time, the people involved in your birth that is thorough and also beautiful.
I have witnessed over 80 births, 50 as a photographer, and 30 (and counting) as a student midwife. I would be honored to go along with you on your journey, too.
There are often lots of questions surrounding birth photography. Please read the FAQ page to find some more in depth answers. Be sure to check out my home birth portfolio and my hospital birth portfolio, as well as the most recent births to hit my blog (listed at the bottom of this page).
Your 2017 birth story photography package includes:
- photographer on-call 24/7 for 2 weeks prior to and 2 weeks past your EDD
- labor/delivery coverage from active labor through up to 2 hours after birth
- minimum of 100 beautifully edited images (usually closer to 200)
- online gallery with completely online ordering of professional quality prints
- digital download of all hi-res images with unlimited printing rights
- gorgeous 8.5x8.5" 50-page photo storybook with select images (bigger than before!)
- $50 credit applied to any other type of photo session with me anytime in the first year of your baby's life
note: if you are also hiring a doula or paying out-of-pocket for a home birth, additional discounts may apply. in some cases, extended payment plans can be arranged. please inquire if you'd like to know more about these possibilities!
- complete, boxed set of 4x6 album-quality prints -- $100
- slide-show set to music on DVD - $100